MAP GRANT OVERVIEW
MAP invests in artistic production as the critical foundation of imagining—and ultimately co-creating—a more equitable and vibrant society. MAP awards $1 million annually, to up to 45 projects in the range of $10,000–$45,000 per grant.
The grant supports original live performance projects that embody a spirit of deep inquiry, particularly works created by artists who question, disrupt, complicate, and challenge inherited notions of social and cultural hierarchy across the United States.
Funded projects address these concerns through the processes of creating and distributing live performance to the public, and/or through the content and themes of the work itself. MAP is committed to intersectional anti-racism, and does not support cultural appropriation or oppressive project language, structures, or content.
The program pursues its mission by annually welcoming applications for new live performance projects. Each year, MAP hires a different cohort of peer reviewers who recommend the projects they believe most align with MAP’s goals through a rigorous, facilitated review process.
Please read the 2020 Application Guide for more information.
This application will close on November 25, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. ET.
Submittable follows Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, with a goal of meeting Level AA accessibility, to make sure that people using assistive technologies can easily navigate Submittable pages and public forms. Read more about Submittable's Accessibility Statement.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Submittable directly by emailing email@example.com or calling (855) 467-8264 ext. 1. Additionally, please contact MAP staff at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further support or have feedback about the accessibility of this application.
Creating the Application:
- Each application requires a functioning email address. This is the email that MAP uses for all subsequent communications about the project, including notification of review results.
- Have the 2020 Application Guide open as a reference.
- We strongly recommend drafting all narrative responses in a separate document so you always have a copy of the latest version of your work. Submittable is designed to auto-save after each field entry, but we suggest saving your progress frequently in a separate document as a back up.
- You may save your progress and return to your work any time before the deadline on November 25th at 7:00 p.m. ET. MAP staff and Submittable's Technical Support team will be available for questions until the deadline. MAP does not accept late proposals for any reason.
- Changes cannot be made after you submit your application. Make sure you submit the final version of your work.
After you submit:
- MAP will send a confirmation email that indicates your application was successfully submitted. Be sure to check your email, as this message may auto-sort into a junk or spam folder. There will also be a record of your application in your Submittable account.
- Check your email (including junk and promotion folders) and your Submittable account for the results of Reviews 1 & 2 the week of March 2-6, 2020. Applicants who move forward to Reviews 3 & 4 will receive results the week of April 6-10, 2020.
- Update your Submittable account if your primary contact or email address changes.
- Sign up for our mailing list to stay current on MAP updates.
If you have any questions, emailing email@example.com is the best way to connect with MAP staff.