MAP is accepting applications between December 3, 2018 - February 15, 2019.
MAP FUND GOALS
The MAP Fund invests in artistic production as the critical foundation of imagining — and ultimately co-creating — a more equitable and vibrant society. MAP awards $1 million annually to up to 40 projects in the range of $10,000 – $45,000 per grant.
MAP supports original live performance projects that embody a spirit of deep inquiry, particularly works created by artists who question, disrupt, complicate, and challenge inherited notions of social and cultural hierarchy across the United States. Funded projects address these concerns through the processes of creating and distributing live performance to the public, and/or through the content and themes of the work itself. MAP is committed to intersectional anti-racism, and does not support cultural appropriation or oppressive project language, structures, or content.
The program pursues its mission by annually welcoming applications for new live performance projects. Each year, MAP hires a different cohort of peer reviewers who recommend the projects they believe most align with MAP’s goals through a rigorous, facilitated review process.
Please read the 2019 Application Guide for more information.
Before you begin:
- Review the 2019 Application Guide for information about the program, application, and the review process.
- Make sure your proposed project is eligible by taking MAP's eligibility quiz.
- You may save your progress and return to your work any time before the deadline on February 15th at 11:59 p.m. ET. MAP staff will be available for questions until 6 p.m. ET on February 15th.
Creating the Application:
- Each application requires a functioning email address. This is the email that MAP uses for all subsequent communications about the project, including notification of review results.
- We strongly recommend drafting all narrative responses in a separate document so you always have a copy of the latest version of your work. Submittable is designed to auto-save after each field entry, but we suggest saving your progress frequently in a separate document as a back up.
Before you submit:
- MAP will not accept applications after the deadline on February 15th at 11:59 p.m. ET for any reason.
- Changes cannot be made after you submit your application. Make sure you submit the final version of your work.
- If you have any questions, emailing email@example.com is the best way to connect with MAP staff.
After you submit:
- MAP will send a confirmation email that indicates your application was successfully submitted. Be sure to check your email, as this message may auto-sort into a junk or spam folder. There will also be a record of your application in your Submittable account.
- Check your email (including junk and promotion folders) and your Submittable account for the results of Reviews 1 & 2 on April 12th, 2019. Applicants who move forward to Reviews 3 & 4 will receive results on May 13th, 2019.
- Update your Submittable account if your primary contact or email address changes.
- Sign up for our mailing list to stay current on MAP updates.
We are in the process of working towards creating accessible online materials. Please contact MAP staff at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific feedback or suggestions.